The Calvin Parker and Charles Hickson abduction.

Pascagoula, Mississippi 11 October 1973

Calvin Parker and Charles Hickson were fishing from a pier at Shaupeter Shipyard on the Pascagoula River at Pascagoula, Mississippi. At about 7:00 p.m., they suddenly realized that something was behind them.

A machine was making a buzzing noise. It was an oval-shaped object with a blue light on it. As they watched, a hatchway opened and three strange entities floated out. Hickson later said: They didn't have clothes. But they had feet shape... it was more or less a round like thing on a leg, if you'd call it a leg.... Calvin done went hysterical on me.

The entities were described as ghostlike and pale with wrinkled skin, and conical projections where nose and ears would normally be. Using crab-like pincers, two of the entities floated Hickson into the UFO. Parker had fainted, and was carried in by a third entity.

Inside the craft, Hickson could not move, although he remained conscious. A sort of medical examination followed, involving a device that resembled a big "eye". After between twenty and forty minutes, he found himself back on the pier with Parker and the UFO was gone. They went to the sheriff's office and reported the event.

A police investigation failed to crack Parker and Hickson's story. They passed a lie detector test. They were interviewed in the days after the event by Ufologists Dr. James Harder of APRO and Dr. Allen Hynek, both of whom vouched for their sincerity. Hickson later revealed that he had turned down a huge sum of money for a book and movie based on the experience. The case received national TV exposure, and Hickson appeared on the Dick Cavett Show and both were on the Mike Douglas Show. Subsequent investigation by Joe Esterhas of Rolling Stone uncovered some additional information.

The UFO landing site was in full view of two twenty-four hour toll booths, and neither operator saw anything. Also, the site was in range of security cameras from nearby Ingalls Shipyard, and the cameras showed nothing that night.

Phil Klass reportedly found that the polygraph operator who gave Hickson his lie detector test was not certified and had not completed his training.

Mobile, Alabama 17 October 1973

Five days after the Pascagoula abduction, a man reported to police that he was driving on Interstate 10 between Mobile, Alabama and Pensacola, Florida, just about sixty or seventy miles east of Pascagoula, when his pickup truck was attacked by an object from the sky and sucked inside a UFO where he was examined by six small entities.

Slighly confused Parker and Hickson